Pages

Categories

9 November 2015

10 Beauty Lessons I've Learnt From Blogging


So before blogging I barely wore make up. Honest truth. I would always just wear a little bit of lip gloss and be good to go. I was never one of those girls who really experimented with make up or watched a ton of make up videos on youtube. I just preferred the natural look as I felt pretty confident with my skin. Since wearing make up that has changed as my skin definitely as good as it used to be. I was thinking about this last night whilst I was taking my make up off and it just inspired me to write this post and tell you all about the beauty lessons I've learnt since I've started blogging. Grap a cuppa tea, coffee, hot chocolate, whatever it is you're in the mood for and enjoy!

ALWAYS take your make up off before you go to bed. I think this is the biggest lesson all of us beauty bloggers and lovers have learnt. Whether you read a ton of beauty blogs or watch videos on youtube from big beauty gurus they always without fail tell you to take your make up off. I was never that bad at taking make up off anyway but we all have those lazy days where we get in from work or from a night out and our main priority is getting into bed and going straight to sleep. I've been doing really well with taking my make up off lately and have definitely noticed a massive difference in my skin.

Make up brushes make such a difference! Yes I was one of those girls who would apply foundation with her fingers. Even typing that has made me very nauseous. What was I thinking? Not only was I applying a ton of germs onto my face but my make up was always smeared and looked disgusting. How did I ever go out in public like that? Make up brushes definitely makes such an incredible difference to how your make up looks and stays throughout the day.

Leading on from above...make sure to wash said make up brushes! I wash my brushes every Sunday evening ready for the week ahead. I think it's so important as even though you think they might not be dirty the dust and germs that they carry is disgusting and can definitely have a negative impact on the state of your skin. It's just so important!

Water is the best natural cleanser! As well as using the standard cleanser and toner to remove make up and cleanse your skin, using water is also extremely important as not only is it incredibly refreshing on the skin but will also remove any remaining dirt and oil on the skin that you'd otherwise be rubbing all over your face whilst cleansing.

Primer is a god send! I never ever used to wear primer and I remember getting really frustrated as I had to reapply my make up a million times a day! However since buying my first ever primer...(thank you Benefit and Urban Decay) I've never looked back and my make up lasts all day! All I have to do is a few touch ups here and there. Just amazing.

A decent skin care routine is a must! This may not be the case for every one but is definitely the case with me. I tried a billion and one products before settling on a proper skin care routine. And no...it doesn't always have to be from one brand. I think it's so important to have a steady morning and evening routine that you stick to as not only will your skin thank you for it but you'll also leave the house feeling more confident about your skin! Win-Win! If you want to see a post about all my skin care routine then let me know in the comments below.

Less is more when it comes to mascara for me. I'm not kidding when I say I can't apply a proper full layer of mascara onto my eye lashes as they will forever look clumpy and horrible on me. This could be the fact I'm always buying the wrong mascara or I seriously need to take lessons on how to apply it properly. You be the judge!

Just because a product is seriously expensive doesn't mean it'll work or be better. I made the awful mistake of buying a foundation that every big blogger and youtuber raved about and it broke me out so much. I definitely think I had an allergic reaction to it and I spent a seriously ridiculous amount of money on it as well. Just remember for every high end product there is an incredible dupe just waiting for you in the drugstores.

Don't over exfoliate. This is something I used to do a lot pre-blogging and I used to get really annoyed when my skin was really red and raw and irritated. Now I know why. Exfoliating is definitely good as it smooths the skin and removes dead skin and definitely improves the overall texture and look of it however doing it too much definitely makes the skin suffer.

Red Lipstick Suits Everyone! No matter how old you are or what your skin tone is there is a red lipstick out there with your name on. Red suits everyone and there are so many different shades to choose from. I always used to think red lipstick would look horrible on me but then I experimented with different shades and found the perfect shade and now I feel like I'm ready to take over the world. Anyone else feel like this?


So there are just 10 beauty things I've learnt from blogging since I started three years ago. There are a million more things I've learnt so if you'd like to see a part two to this post then please let me know in the comments section below and also let me know if there's any beauty related posts you'd like to see on my blog in the future.

What beauty things have you learnt from reading blogs or even writing your own if you have one? 
Hugs and Kisses

9 comments:

  1. Great post. I remember the days when I didn't even use makeup brushes - what on earth?!

    Hannah | Oh January

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah oh I remember the days of applying foundation with my fingers...! This was fun to read! XO
    -Dara
    www.peoniesandbees.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all so true, I can remember applying really orange foundation with my fingers as well! Would love to see a part 2 with some more tips :) xx
    Chasing Belle 23

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so true! I loved that you mentioned the high-end product! I have found so many favorite products that do an amazing job for such a better price at the drugstore! And when exfoliating was really big I was definitely guilty of going overboard! Great post! XO -Kim
    www.thethirtysomethinglife.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome post! And I've definitely learned about makeup solely through youtube and blogging. I think I've learned the most about having a good skincare routine.

    Jasmine | The Sixth Disney Princess

    ReplyDelete
  6. this was so interesting! you actually inspired me to write a similar post about this! http://maybemayhemmakeup.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this post!! Definitely primers is a life saver!

    xx, A Little Dose of Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post! Before I started my own blog I use to watch beauty gurus on You tube and I guess it's them that got me into makeup and I remember beeing so mind blowned what difference brushes made

    Sparklygoddess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another great post! The thought of people who apply their foundation with their fingers is making me feel sick ew
    Charlotte // charlottespicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hi Everyone! Thank you for passing through. If you leave me a comment thank you very much and I'll make sure to respond within 24 hours. If you would like a quicker response please tweet me at @xbellefleurx. Thank You!

Copyright @ FleurDanielle. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign